Rod and Ben’s Soup Club has voted two delicious NEW soup flavours on to the line-up of summer soups, which will be available from May 1st. A dozen members of its “Brotherhood of Broth” spent hours putting soups through their paces on Rod and Ben’s organic Devon farm near Exeter – and were ultimately bowled over by two exciting new Thai soups: Thai Chicken and Thai Vegetable, which will join the ranks of seasonal summer favourites such as Gazpacho, Tomato and Basil, Pea and Mint and Courgette and Tomato.
Rod Hall, Rod and Ben’s owner, whose 100% natural organic soups have won a host of Great Taste Awards, says:
“Thai soups are a new departure for us but as soon as the Soup Club tasted the two new contenders everyone was adamant that they had to be part of the Rod and Ben’s Summer Soup range. Thai flavours are light and delicious and lend themselves perfectly to a light summer soup – and who can argue with the decision of the Brotherhood of Broth?!”
Wheat and gluten-free, and sometimes dairy-free, the summer soup range is made using simple recipes so that the ingredient’s integrity – colour, flavour and texture – is preserved. The summer full line-up includes:
• NEW Thai Vegetable – wheat and gluten-free
• NEW Thai Chicken – wheat and gluten-free
• Carrot and Coriander – wheat and gluten-free
• NEW Gazpacho – dairy-free
• Tomato and Basil – wheat, gluten and dairy-free
• Pea and Mint – wheat and gluten-free
• Haddock Chowder – wheat and gluten-free
• Chicken and Vegetable – wheat and gluten-free
• Each month there is a soup of the month – a great way to taste the seasons!
Rod and Ben’s Summer Soup 2012 range is available from May 1st – October 1st from independent retailers (including Abel and Cole, Riverford, Planet Organic stores, Union Market, Selfridges and As Nature Intended), delicatessens and farm shops all around the country, South West Morrison’s stores and by mail order via www.rodandbens.com. Pots are 600g and have a RRP of £3.49 – £3.99.